Distance learning, often known as online learning, is a flexible and innovative approach to completing a qualification. We currently offer two postgraduate qualifications which are delivered wholly by distance learning, meaning you can take part from anywhere in the world. These courses have been designed carefully to be flexible, to fit around your work and personal commitments.
You participate in tutorials and seminars through our learning app, and share problems and ideas with your fellow students. We aim to bring university to you, wherever you are in the world.
Our interactive virtual learning environment works perfectly on your mobile device, and enables you to access high-quality course materials, including professionally produced video lectures.
For many of our distance learning programmes, there is no need to come to our campus in Plymouth in person; all learning can be completed remotely with full support from your tutor every step of the way.
Marjon is a highly respected small university, the number 1 ranked university in England for student satisfaction (The Complete University Guide 2021).
Our courses been put together carefully, by an award winning team who have a great deal of experience in distance learning. We bring the classroom to you, so that you feel a true part of our community here at Marjon.
We care about your success, even though you are not on campus, Marjon is here for you.
Your course is delivered to your mobile device, so you can study on the go, or wherever is most convenient to you. It looks great, and is designed to give you a seamless, easy to navigate learning experience.
Every student gets a specialist tutor to help them through their lectures and assignment work. Your friendly tutor will be on hand by video call, telephone or by email to deal with any questions that you might have.
You will be provided with detailed feedback on any work you submit, and will have the opportunity to work together and communicate with your classmates using the latest technology.
Position yourself and your organisation to succeed in the face of the emerging challenges of net zero. 100% online and accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).Show course
Improve your professional practice as an educator and develop new skills in designing and delivering online and e-learning. 100% online, though we've been training educators since 1840.Show course
1. Have a look at the detailed information and entry requirements for each of our distance learning programmes.
2. If you have any questions, you can contact our distance learning course leader Richard Thain on firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. You can apply online and submit your CV and documents for review. In some cases, you will be invited to have an informal discussion (phone or video call) with the admissions tutor who will be able to answer any questions or queries that you may have.
4. You can start your distance learning course at any one of our three entry points each year, usually in May, September and January.
5. You will study part-time for three 12 week blocks, or semesters each year. You can study at your own pace (for example, during the evenings or weekends), but we give you a structure to work with. This is very important to ensure that you keep on track and you don’t fall behind.
6. You’ll need to plan to spend an average of 12-15 hours each week on your studies during term-time, but this can be flexible around your home and work commitments.
7. There are no exams, but everything is assessed through coursework assignments. Towards the end of each Semester, you will submit your written assignment work for marking and grading by your tutor. You’ll get plenty of feedback and encouragement to help you improve.
8. Most of our Master’s programmes take around 2 years to complete by our part-time distance learning approach.
9. Don’t worry, you’ll still have time for vacations and holidays. Hundreds of students have completed distance learning programmes very successfully whilst managing home and work commitments.
10. Once you have completed your course, you can graduate with other successful students at Plymouth Marjon University main graduation, or at an online ceremony.